Our Environmental Policy
Whether you believe in man-made global warming or not, it surely cannot be a bad thing to be a little bit more careful on how we treat our wonderful world.
So enough of me going on about theory, what do we do in practice.
- Our printed material (e.g. leaflets, catalogues etc) have all been printed using vegetable based inks and the paper has been sourced from European approved FSC grade sources. We could use cheaper printers, but we don't.
- We offset carbon produced from 100kg of printed material.
- We offset 17,000 miles that our local delivery van will do this year.
- We use flurescent low energy light bulbs in the office and warehouse.
- We joined up with Miya Coffee which offsets all the transport carbon emissions from Colombia (over a 7000 mile journey).
- Where we can, we reuse our cardboard boxes as packing boxes to ship orders around the country. And any boxes we can't reuse get recycled.
- We put the cardboard spindles from our packing tape into our compost maker at home.
- We reuse wasted paper as scrap note paper (you should see my desk).
- We reuse packaging materials that comes into us from our suppliers
'When I was about 10, I felt like I was immortal and no matter what I did or ate, I would live for ever. Now I am little bit older, I realise that I may not actually live for ever and what I do today may have an impact on when I eventually go. Our world is no different'
'I know that it's a start and something that we can build upon'. - Anthony Kolker